Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hypnagogue Podcast 23

We begin with beats: Dolmen kicks it off with a mash of feedback and aggressive rhtyhms. Creature keeps it moving and flowing (dancing is encouraged). Darshan Ambient adds to the groove with house-influenced sounds. High Skies pilots us off into a spacier realm (pretend the pounding drums are the pulse-wave engines firing).  We dip into the March review queue then, stringing together new tracks from Aaron Marshall, Undo, Praguedren, Neuron Dreamtime, Neuhuman, Phelios, Level Pi and The Jingle Kings (seriously). We close with new music from Robert Rich, a serpentine glide from Kit Watkins, whispering guitar ambient from Silvercord and an excerpt from Tribe of Astronauts that's so drifty it can be used as a flotation device.

7 comments:

travis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
travis said...

hehehe, i just about fell over laughing at the intro to this one. the image of a sunburned young steve roach repeatedly beating a dead cactus with a rock..

Hypnagogue said...

Thank you, Travis! I'd had that voice in my head for a while--had to get it out. (And boy, I hope Steve finds it funny!)

Duck said...

"We" isn't third person, it's first person plural. Also (if that weren't enough), weren't you going to add start times to the playlists?

Hypnagogue said...

Started posting them with episode 18, Duck. Never planned to back and time-tag the others. I keep trying to improve. I didn't think to add links to labels until #14! And I stand corrected on the tense. Thank you for listening so carefully!

(edited & reposted because blogger went all hinky on me...)

Duck said...

Oops, I thought you meant you were going to post them *here*. (Never mind, I found them.)

"Tense"?! You mixed up person and number – tense has nothing to do with it. (Or are you just messing with this poor linguistics major?)

Hypnagogue said...

I think I'm giving us both a headache! Or maybe I should refrain from posting replies pre-coffee.

What your humble host ought to have said was, "I keep referring to myself using the royal 'we.'"

Our maybe I just feel a certain hive-mind-like symbiosis with my listeners.... ;-)

Post a Comment